Affiliates Team Lead
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
*Although preferred locations are listed above we will consider strong remote applications from other European countries*
Purpose of the role
As an experienced affiliates and partnerships leader, you’ll be responsible for forging and developing relationships with affiliate partners and growing the corresponding business volume.
You will lead the Affiliates team to drive revenue growth and brand awareness by building strong, lasting partnerships with organizations that share Proton's values and vision of creating an internet where privacy is the default.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a face-paced environment, and a results-driven marketer with a sales or account management background, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company. You will have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
What you will do
- Define the affiliate strategy, how to acquire and onboard new partners, and how to grow existing ones
- Build effective growth plans, set goals, KPIs, budgets, and project future performance
- Strategically foster customer engagement by maintaining a deep understanding of customer needs and monitoring their preferences
- Manage key existing partners, develop long-term relationships, and supercharge key affiliate programs with custom sponsorships
- Hire, coach, advise, motivate and grow team members to create a high-performing team
- Plan and implement training programs, and hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external professionals
- Develop scalable partnership processes and ensure team members adhere to them.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, as well as a strong command of English. Able to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with partners as well as with internal teams
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- Ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member
- Analytical skills: use data-driven reports to spur coaching sessions and empower team members to take ownership of their opportunity pipelines. Understand pricing, margins, and discounting impacts
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High achieving, ambitious, and results-oriented
- Innovative, generating original solutions and lots of ideas
- Decisive and comfortable making decisions quickly
- Good understanding of digital channels and how customers interact with these through their purchase journey.
Why you should join Proton
Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and supporting organizations that advance the same goals as us. Proton is free, open source, neutral, independent, and community first, while remaining financially sustainable.
Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit, with people coming from all walks of life. Many members of our team spent time at the world’s top academic institutions, including MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service – Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events, and team-building activities.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. You will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain as part of the recruitment process.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation where Proton employs the relevant candidate.
By applying to a role at Proton, you acknowledge that we will process and store your personal data for at least the duration of the hiring process and as necessary to enter a contractual relationship with you.