Pricing and Promotions Lead
A better internet is possible, one that empowers people to choose how their personal information is used. This might seem daunting, or even impossible, but at Proton, building this better internet is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, leverage the same advanced encryption that gives our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton is making privacy universally accessible to more than 50 million registered users, including journalists, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 30 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens use our products so they can choose who, if anyone, sees their information. Join us at one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies, we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
The Pricing & Promotions Lead is responsible for the strategic development of revenue and profit growth by executing, developing, and adjusting the pricing and promotional strategy for Proton. This position is accountable for driving a significant part of our profits through strategic pricing decisions and managing a multi-million-dollar promotional effort.
This position balances the use of internal transactional data and external competitive benchmarking to drive improvements in profitability and price perception.
What you will do
- Builds and implements processes, tools, and analytics to manage pricing strategies
- Evaluates price elasticity and potential price changes, identifies specific margin opportunities, and works with internal partners to execute
- Responsible for development of advanced Strategic Revenue Management (SRM) analytics (e.g., elasticities, thresholds, other modelling, and tools that incorporate those analytics)
- Manages process to review impact and effectiveness of pricing implementation to ensure consistent execution of pricing strategy
- Models and measures impact of pricing activity to ensure financial expectations are being met
- Executes competitive price checking processes, and ensures current pricing remains in line with market prevailing levels
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop promo campaigns
- Drive end-to-end execution of promo campaigns
- Coordinates with cross-functional partners to ensure consistent execution
- Measures performance of promotional activity and makes data-based strategic recommendations on improvements and adjustments to activity
- 7+ years of related professional experience with at least 3+ in analytics or management consulting
- Strong Project Management and communication skills
- Strong analytic abilities and experience with A/B testing
- Proven project management abilities, with experience driving, prioritizing, and executing on multiple projects autonomously, simultaneously and on time
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to translate complex problems into actionable solutions
- Motivated and confident self-starter who is also a natural team player, able to masterfully communicate up/down/across the organization
- BA/BS degree. Strong preference for MBA or M.S. in fields such as STEM, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Language: Good command of English. Other European language a plus
Why you should join Proton
Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations.
Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain. Due to recent scams, please be careful with any suspicious emails pretending to be Proton team and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org Proton will never ask for payments from candidates.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Proton.
By applying to a role at Proton, you acknowledge that we will process and store your personal data for at least the duration of the hiring process and as necessary to enter a contractual relationship with you.