A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for Product Managers who will help lead the evolution of one of our existing products (ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, Proton Calendar, Proton Drive), or core platform, or one of our upcoming products. Product at Proton sits at the intersection of engineering, growth, data, and design. Your task first and foremost will be to grow daily active users by creating remarkable user experiences which are user-centric.
What you will do
- Drive the execution of a Proton product by managing one or more platforms (iOS, Android, Web, Desktop)
- Improve our engagement, retention, and customer satisfaction metrics
- Ensure that we build the right features in the right order, based on all the inputs available
- Work closely with product designers to create exciting and friction-less product experiences
- Set high standards for quality in both code and design
- Set the pace for the team, and challenge us to achieve higher velocity
- Work with the customer service team to ensure that needs are met and frustrations addressed
- Work with the product marketers and communication teams to continuously improve the product-market fit
- Collaborate with other product managers on cross-platform and cross-products initiatives
- Motivate, empower, innovate... be the product leader people look up to
- Experience with both web and mobile platforms, particularly in the B2C context
- Experience working closely with designers and engineers on a day-to-day basis (ideation, backlog grooming, sprint planning)
- A track record for delivering products and features on time and with positive results
- Strong empathy for the customer with a user-centric mindset
- A sense for good UX and a love for design
- Strong leadership skills, a proven ability to motivate, persuade, and drive teams
- The strong work ethic of going above and beyond to make things happen
- A technical background is recommended
- CSPO certification (or equivalent) considered a plus
- Experience with the Freemium business model is considered a plus
Why you should join Proton
- Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations, such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, Cambridge, and ETH.
Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - ProtonMail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. You will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain as part of the recruitment process.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation where Proton employs the relevant candidate.
By applying to a role at Proton, you acknowledge that we will process and store your personal data for at least the duration of the hiring process and as necessary to enter a contractual relationship with you.