Senior Social Media Executive
A better internet, where privacy is the default, is possible. Building this better internet might seem daunting or even unthinkable, but at Proton, this is what we do every day.
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, Proton Mail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as Proton VPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, give our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton makes privacy universally accessible. Journalists from outlets like The Guardian and The New York Times, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries have signed up for over 70 million accounts. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 40 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
Join one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies; we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
As an experienced community manager, you’ll drive growth and engagement throughout all our social media accounts, online communities and any third-party outlet where we can engage in a constructive way with people.
As a digital savvy user and tech expert, you understand and can easily explain a complicated and technical concept to a wide audience. You’re a natural storyteller who knows the ins and outs of Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. You love communicating with people all over the world to solve problems and create genuine connections.
If you feel comfortable taking initiative and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
*Preferred locations are listed above but this role can be remote based from other European countries
What you will do
- Contribute to a social media strategy that spans social media networks, blogs, online communities, forums, review sites, and other outlets where we can engage with people
- Safeguard our brand by monitoring, managing, and improving our reputation across online outlets.
- Create high-quality, engaging multimedia content for all our community channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, forums, etc.
- Design and execute social media campaigns with brand affinity and community building in mind
- Research, test, optimize, and scale new channels, techniques, and technologies
- Help to refine our tracking and attribution methodology, and help to make sense of customer insights and findings
- Contribute to the refinement of the community processes, metrics, and tools
- Align with internal teams on the development, implementation, and optimization of creative output
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis
- Follow inspiring brands and keep up with the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in brand building, social media, and community building
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in community management
- 1+ years of experience in brand reputation management
- Significant hands-on experience and a proven track record of managing social media accounts and online communities
- Proven experience creating high-quality, engaging multimedia content, measuring its impact and improving on it
- Experience with large, multi-brand, multilingual communities and campaigns
- Deep knowledge and a good understanding of technology, internet and security
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive, you don’t require constant input and you have meticulous attention to detail
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience in the tech or SaaS industry
Bonus points for
- Experience with policy/political or socially impactful campaigns
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments
- Fluency in other languages
Why you should join Proton
Be part of a movement - Proton is not just a product or service but a community-driven movement united by a shared vision of online freedom. Our services are open source, audited, and supported by community contributions. We give back to our community by maintaining core encryption libraries and by supporting other organizations furthering the same goals as us.
Work with smart and dedicated people - Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit with people coming from all walks of life, including many of the world’s top academic institutions and organizations.
Join a strong brand - Our encrypted email service - Proton Mail - has grown to be a staple of online security and privacy. Proton has been featured in multiple popular television and film productions, such as Mr. Robot, Knives Out, Sounds of Metal, and more.
Grow with us - We’re one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, doubling in size every year. Our growth gives you limitless career and educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with many world-leading experts in their fields.
Have your voice heard - We value your opinion and encourage you to speak up and share your ideas and thoughts. At Proton, no problem is someone else’s problem. We collectively strive to do the right thing and be the undisputed best in the world at everything we do.
Benefits – these vary by location and type of contract but expect support on your vacation, parental leave, refreshment if working from the office, learning and development opportunities, equity for shared success, flexible working hours and remote work, company events and team building activities.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. You will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain as part of the recruitment process.
Proton does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Proton will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation where Proton employs the relevant candidate.
By applying to a role at Proton, you acknowledge that we will process and store your personal data for at least the duration of the hiring process and as necessary to enter a contractual relationship with you.